BMW 3 of the E46 series
since 1998 release
Repair and operation of the car
BMW 3 of the E46 series
+ BMW 3 Cars (E46)
+ Current leaving and service
+ Cooling systems, heating
- Power supply systems, injection and release
Security measures and rules of observance of purity during the work with fuel system
Removal and installation of the sensor of a reserve of fuel / fuel pump
Check of the sensor of a reserve of fuel
+ Power supply system of petrol engines
- System of injection of fuel of the petrol engine
The general information and security measures at work
Principle of work of DME system
Removal and installation of injectors
Check of system of injection of the petrol engine
Check and adjustment of turns of idling and concentration WITH
+ Power supply system of diesel engines
+ System of production of the fulfilled gases
+ Electric equipment of the engine
+ RKPP and transmission line
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
+ Schemes of electric equipment
System of injection of fuel of the petrol engine
The general information and security measures at workThe car is equipped with an electronic digital control system of the engine (DME/BOSCH-MOTRONIC).
The electronic control system of the engine allows to realize the following advantages:
- An exact dosage of fuel in any mode of operation that provides small fuel consumption at the high power.
- Reduction of the content of harmful substances in the fulfilled gases thanks to exact dispensing of fuel and use of the catalytic converter.
- Self-diagnostics of a control system of the engine, provides possibility of fast troubleshooting. The control system of the engine has memory of malfunctions. If defect in use comes to light, it is brought in memory of the device. If the engine has malfunctions, by means of the special device it is possible to output their list allowing to reveal and eliminate defect independently. Address to the Section Diagnostics of Malfunctions. Work it is desirable to carry out HUNDRED in conditions.
The control unit of the engine represents the minicomputer with high speed. It defines optimum time of injection and amount of injectable fuel. Thus there is a coordination of operation of the control unit with other systems of the car, for example, to a control system of a check point or blocking from stealing.
Elements of a control system of the engine keeps the high performance for a long time and practically does not demand service. Replacements when carrying out maintenance demand only the air filter and spark plugs. Serious works on adjustment and repair demand use of difficult diagnostic units. Address to the Section Diagnostics of Malfunctions.
Adjustment of number of turns of idling and concentration WITH within carrying out maintenance is not required.
Security measures at work with a control system of the engine / the petrol engine
The fuel system is under pressure! When opening system fuel emission is possible. Therefore the flowed-out fuel needs to be wiped a rag. Vapors of gasoline are poisonous and is combustible. Use goggles. Watch good ventilation of a workplace. Have on call the fire extinguisher.
For an exception of traumatizing people and/or damage of system of injection and ignition it is necessary to observe the following:
- Do not concern and do not disconnect ignition wires at the working engine or at the included starter.
- Disconnect and attach pipelines of system of injection and a wire of ignition, and also electric wires of devices of measurement only at the switched-off ignition.
- It is not allowed to work with electronic system of ignition to people with a warm stimulator.
- When checking a compression it is not allowed to make fuel injection.